Pages

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Way West



I'm finally done but what took so long? Well, I made two other movies during this but both of them were freelance projects that aren't going to be put on my youtube channel. And I took a break from Way West in June to make Sax Man. I've just been slowly chopping away at this one (as you can tell if you take a stroll backwards in this blog).


I've been wanting to make a video in the style of Way West for a long time. I saw Winter White perform the songs live and I spoke to the band after about doing a video. It was originally envisioned as one short movie, which I fully storyboarded and started animating. After listening to more Winter White I thought the story could be expanded and match two of their songs. So thats what I did. The orignal storyboard for Way West is actually pretty different from what you see now. It involves a rivalry between two kids competing to prove themselves. This is one of those cases where I started animating the movie before I knew how it would end which I find very exciting. 

In the latter stages of production I was already thinking of a sequel movie which I'm strongly considering making if enough people enjoy Way West (I am considering just making it anyway).

My next project will most likely be a Directionless short. It's not going to be related to the pilot nor will it be a continuation of the black/white piano pieces. It'll be a fun short story with voice acting and a story. It will give the "feel" that I would want a Directionless tv series to have. I also have been wanting to storyboard a sequel video to Must Have Done Something Right and the aforementioned Winter White Sequel. I've also had a lot of little ideas I've been writing down so we'll see what happens. I would love to release another movie in August so hopefully I'll be able to!

No comments:

Post a Comment