Pages

Thursday, February 21, 2013

A Directionless Guide to Running



I started this cartoon shortly before I finished Roach. For a long time I've wanted to do animation about running. As a warm up to this, I did a few running jokes in the Directionless comic strip. Episode 6 of the pilot Directionless series was all about Jeff getting into running and this cartoon is a very condensed version of that episode. I also storyboarded a music video about Jeff and running but it more focused on Jeff and his friends rather than the act of running. So this video took about 2 and a half months to make(it also helps that my freelance project ended giving me time to work on this cartoon), not bad considering my last few videos have been taking much longer.

What's next? Well, I started another "Directionless Guide" and hope to release that in a timely manner but I do not want to release 3 Directionless shorts in a row so I plan on making something random. My wacom tablet broke last week and I had to send it in for repairs but earliest I'll get it back is next week. I won't start my next animation until I get it back. All the current Directionless comics are a pain to make right now BUT I'M TRUCKING FORWARD.

Oh and here is that live action video I directed,



Recognize Giorgio's voice? He is also the narrator in A Directionless Guide to Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment