Pages

Monday, September 19, 2011

Thank You God

So production has begun on the next animation. I will keep an animation log here with updates and goals. Currently I'm hoping production lasts 4-6 weeks, pending on how much frame by frame animation I need to do. The entire video is going to be around 6000 frames. I've storyboarded 3000 frames worth of animation(which is subject to change). I should do the next 3000 tomorrow.

The video focuses on animated Tim Minchin "trolling" his friend Sam about his belief in god. As the video progresses it gets more outlandish and more humorous. It's almost like animating a musical, the lyrics are so well written that it is very easy to make them come alive.

As of right now there are three characters. Tim, Sam, and God. Tim is almost hyper active in his talking to Sam. Sam is very annoyed at Tims behavior and kind of tunes him out. God is shy and like a little kid except when it comes to Ophthalmology. It's a lot of fun going back and forth between the three characters.

I wil be including elements of satire in the video. Yakko's world is one that I will be satirizing.

I also reference Super Mario Rpg.

Here are some early sketches and storyboard frames.

Sam and Tim.
God.
Sam and Tim again.

On a side note, this is the third time I've tried to animate a Tim Minchin song. The other two didn't work out but I have a feeling this one will.


No comments:

Post a Comment