Pages

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Tim Minchin

I think my next cartoon will be a music video to a Tim Minchin song. It's been a number of months since my last cartoon(Mellow Brick Road) and many more months since my last actual animation ( Directionless - Job Hunt). Quite a bit of thought has went into what will be the next animation and it has been a race between multiple ideas.

Must have Done Something Right by Relient K was the front runner for my next animation but it seems to have fallen out of my interest. It was started pretty quickly on a whim to make a happy animation about a new couple but I didn't think it through enough and met a road block in the story. Then life came in and I just haven't picked it up where I left off. I still would like to resume making it but we'll see.

Night Life by Scissor Sisters was the next front runner. It is the story of a quiet suburb girl who is introduced to the underground New York City night life and over time becomes a completely different person. This is an animation I would really like to make but I need to work on my drawing skills before I am capable of giving it the type of detail I think it deserves.

Dan is Late was another idea on a whim. My friend Dan has a habit of always being late to everything. We were supposed to hang out one day, and he was running late. So in that time period I wrote a short song capturing the emotion of Dan rushing to get to things. The idea for the animation was to show why Dan is late to everything and show him rushing around trying his best. It seems pretty unlikely I will make it but who knows, if I really want to make a short minute long animation I have a plot waiting for me.

Thankyou God by Tim Minchin. I have tried to animate a Tim Minchin song before but I did not like the result. I will use a different animation style and approach for this one and hopefully it will work out. I would like to have an animated version of Tim talking to "Sam" about his disbelief in god. Loose drawings, but very cohesive. Tim is essentially "trolling" Sam throughout the song about praying to god so I feel I can do carefree imagery and just make it a lot of fun. I'll begin working on it full time tomorrow. I would like to get it finished as soon as possible and hopefully make up for my lack of releases throughout the summer and maybe make a viral hit in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment