Pages

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Progress

So here is an update on all the projects I'm currently working on as well as some exciting developments for the future.

First off, the Tim Minchin video is coming along. I'm about 5% done with the video as a whole. Still a ways to go. It's a lot of fun animating Tim. There isn't much else to say about the video as of yet.
Ever since uploading one of my animation reels to youtube I've received a number of requests to upload "Must Have Done Something Right". I'm thinking of picking it up again. It's further along than the Tim Minchin video(about 1/4 done) and since I have started water coloring I might be able to paint the backgrounds for it rather than have it all be digital.

I have been learning 3D and motion graphics. I kind of fell into motion graphics through some freelance projects but I didn't have much experience. I began to teach myself how do do motion graphics and found out motion graphics and 3D animation use the same programs and very simliar techniques. I plan on making a short "Pixar Lamp" parody, hopefully this week. Either something along the lines of "drunk lamp" or "clumsy lamp".
(yes this is a still from it)

I do think I have a future doing 3D animation. I have begun storyboarding a video that has been in my head for a number of months now. A Dear Hunter music video. It's much darker than any of my previous work and wouldn't resemble anything I have made before. With my new blossoming 3D animation/modeling skills it's actually possible for me to make such a video. If I like the way it turns out I might even pull out the Midnight Show ( by the Killers) music video.

Also, I am putting Directionless on hiatus. I'm focused on getting all these music videos done that I can't give the proper focus needed for the story. It's only hiatus and I will work on it again in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment