Pages

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Directionless Update


Writing a pilot is very difficult. I've been struggling to write the directionless pilot for over a year now. At the beginning of this month I finally sat down and wrote a pilot episode from start to finish. A big aspect of my writing style is rewriting. Starting over and keeping what worked and getting rid of what didn't work. It also means if I am not careful I will end up in an endless loop of writing and never finishing.

Currently with Directionless, I've rewritten the first episode twice and I am on my third rewrite now. Hopefully this will be the last one. Each of the episodes following the pilot are much easier to write out so they aren't giving me the same amount of trouble.

Hard to believe that around year ago I was just starting up Directionless - Job Hunt. There was also a ton of snow on the ground so all the comics were snow related. In fact a year ago I was just putting the finishing touches on Directionless Anime Intro. Directionless was inspired to have wacky stories like Ranma 1/2 which is why I made the fan video.

I finished the first part of the story for the Winter White series(the previous post was referring to that video). It's a lot of fun to write.


No comments:

Post a Comment